Deze pagina werd automatisch aangepast door een vertaalmachine. Onze excuses voor mogelijke typefouten!
Lab Technician Coatings and Corrosion
- An interesting job with learning and development opportunities
- Working in a global environment with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- A salary pakage with interesting benefits such as: group insurance, hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers
- Around 40 holiday days
Within the coating team, you will work closely with other teams from the various engineering and technology departments.
After training, you will be responsible for carrying out various tasks such as applying coatings to steel sheet: degreasing and pre-treatment, conversion layers, powder coating, roll coating, curing of coatings, hot-dip galvanising, electrogalvanisation, etc. As well as its characterisation: adhesion, flexibility, colour and gloss, corrosion resistance.
After performing the tests and measurements, you report the results, both internally and externally to customers and third parties. In other words, you will be responsible for:
- Preparation and management of test samples for various coating applications and characterisations
- Use and optimisation of test equipment
- Reporting results in test reports in English
- Handling various hazardous, toxic and/or flammable substances
- Maintenance, calibration and general operation of various equipment
Our client is an advanced research centre providing steel and metal-based products, services and solutions, to metal processing companies worldwide.
Being equipped with state-of-the-art R&D tools and facilities in its laboratories they can develop alloys and coatings, by producing and testing samples and co-develop steel applications.
- You have a bachelor's degree in chemistry (or analogue), or have demonstrably acquired equivalent knowledge during your career
- You have an interest in and feel for material characterisation
- Maturity, lab experience is an asset
- Care and accuracy in your work is an absolute requirement
- You are an outspoken team player
- You have a good knowledge of English