Deze pagina werd automatisch aangepast door een vertaalmachine. Onze excuses voor mogelijke typefouten!
Research Engineer Coatings and Surfaces
- An interesting job with learning and development opportunities
- Working in a global environment with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- A salary package with interesting benefits such as: group insurance, hospitalisation insurance, Car plan, meal vouchers
- Around 40 holiday days
As a Research engineer or chemist with affinity for coatings/surfaces and corrosion, you will be working on the understanding of the link between chemistry and certain in-use properties such as adhesion, corrosion resistance, flexibility, ... of metallic, inorganic and organic coatings and surface treatments for steel under varying environments: atmospheric, extreme temperature and/or pressure, sour, sweet.
For this, a large variety of laboratory application and testing tools are available, from metal alloy deposition to organic coating formulation to oxide phase formation. State-of-the-art analytical equipment ensures the most advanced characterisation techniques both chemical and mechanical.
You will work in a team of about 20 people in the department of coatings & surfaces at the head office of our client, where you will be involved in various projects at the same time.
All projects are executed by the project team, consisting of engineers and technicians, as well as representatives of partners and clients.
You will join projects targeting product development as well as consortia studying more fundamental aspects of coatings & corrosion.
Our client is an advanced research centre providing steel and metal-based products, services and solutions, to metal processing companies worldwide.
Being equipped with state-of-the-art R&D tools and facilities in its laboratories they can develop alloys and coatings, by producing and testing samples and co-develop steel applications.
- You own a PhD in material science or chemistry or worked as a materials engineer for at least 5 years within an R&D environment
- You have a large insight in coatings and corrosion as well as a profound knowledge of coating characterisation techniques
- Any experience in chemical process engineering is definitely a plus
- Statistical analysis, datamining, image correlation and modelling expertise are a must
- You have a high capacity to be flexible and handle a variety of projects
- You have excellent social skills to work in a team-based environment
- You are prepared to travel within Europe
- You are fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Experience and interest in statistical analysis, datamining and image correlation is a must